Notice of Application for the Assistant Principal Candidate Pool
The Assistant Principal pool is designed to identify teachers and other professionals who are interested in pursuing a career as an Assistant Principal in Cincinnati Public Schools. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Selected Candidates will engage in a selection process, successful applicants will be admitted to the pool and remain active for 3 years.
Assistant Principal Job Description
A Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership from an accredited University
Valid Ohio Principals License
Documentation to support close completion of all coursework for Principal Licensure and passing praxis scores.
Minimum of three (3) years classroom teaching experience and/or administrative experience
The position is responsible for assisting the school Principal in school leadership, coordination, supervision and management of the school program and operation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques used in the administration and supervision of all programs in a school; skill in oral and written communications; ability to motivate others to reach their fullest potential; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, parents, students, teachers, support staff and community members.
· Assist the Principal in developing and maintaining an effective educational program consistent with State and Federal guidelines and the philosophy, policies and goals of the School Board
· Assist the Principal in the overall administration of the school; interpret and enforce school and school division policies and regulations.
· Assist the Principal in the transformation of the school culture into a results-oriented collaborative learning community.
· Support the Principal in the collaborative development, implementation, and ongoing refinement of the school’s Plan for Continuous Improvement.
· Ensure implementation of the Board-approved curriculum.
· Assist the Principal in monitoring compliance with federal, state, and local mandates and guidelines related to local and state testing programs and the local special education program.
· Assist the Principal in planning and implementing a professional development/growth program for teachers and staff.
· Serve as Principal in the absence of the regular Principal.
· Propose schedules of classes and extracurricular activities; help schedule courses, students and teachers.
· Work with department heads and faculty in compiling the annual budget requests.
· Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment, conduct inventories, maintain records, and check on receipts for such material.
· Assist in coordinating transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other school support services; help conduct safety inspections and safety drill practice activities.
· Assist in the reporting and monitoring of student attendance.
· Assist in maintaining discipline throughout the student body; deal with special cases as necessary.
· Meet with parents, faculty, and student groups, as requested, in advancing educational and related activities and objectives pertaining to student achievement and development.
· Maintain a variety of files; prepare periodic and special reports as required.
· Identify the special needs of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of school system specialists as required.
· Supervise and Evaluate teachers and departments as assigned by the Principal.
· Explain and interpret district-wide curriculum/instructional goals and objectives to teachers, parents, pupils, and the community.
· Assist in the planning and implementation of a systematic method of supervising the instructional program through the use of learning walks, observations, documentations, and follow-up conferences.
· Assist teachers in evaluating methods and materials and developing effective learning plans and classroom management techniques.
· Assist in the coordination and supervision of guidance services.
· Maintain and model high standards of professionalism.
· Perform related work as assigned.
Type of Contract: Principal
Salary: per CAAS Agreement
Principals will be placed in the level equal to their years of leadership as principal and other salary differentials, if applicable.
All interested applicants are invited to submit an online application at https://www.cps-k12.org/about-cps/.
Cincinnati Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. The district has a continuing non-discrimination policy which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER