POSITION TITLE: Dean of Students K-6
POSITION TYPE: Certificated Contract
CONTRACT: 186 (possibility of up to 5 extended days at negotiated rate)
SALARY: Based upon experience
Provide instructional leadership and performs administrative and supervisory tasks under the direction of the principal.
- A valid Ohio principal's license preferred
- Ability to establish positive relationships with staff, students, parents and community.
- Demonstrated long-range planning skills.
- OTES Credentialed, or ability to obtain the credentials prior to 8/15/2018
- Demonstrated skill in written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated successful experience in teaching, administration and/or supervision.
- Exhibits acceptable standards of emotional stability, moral character, sound health and is physically able to perform the necessary responsibilities and assigned tasks.
- Assists in the IAT Process, IEP, and ETR meetings. Assists building principal in assigning and managing special education caseloads.
- Works with the principal and central office administrators to implement all Board policies and administrative rules and regulations.
- Assists in the evaluation of staff members.
- Works with the principal to provide in-service opportunities for teachers and to assist in their professional growth and development.
- Works with the principal and staff to develop, implement and evaluate educational programs to enhance the school and promote learning and growth for students.
- Oversees attendance issues and follow-up with parents and truancy officer.
- Manages student discipline in the building, while supervising students, helping to provide a positive learning environment for classroom instruction and all educational programs, including student activities.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of district and state assessments.
- Communicates with parents to keep them informed regarding academic progress, student behavior, and other school issues.
- Attends school functions such as concerts, and other special events upon request of the principal.
- Assists with the OIP process.
- Assists in the development of the master schedule and the assignment of teachers to various duties.
- Assists the principal with written records and reports on all phases of school operations.
- Coordinates and attends various meetings as requested by the principal.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as assigned
• Copy machine
• Fax machine
• Ellison machine
• Overhead projector/Elmo Projector
Additional Working Conditions:
• Occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and tissue
• Occasional interaction with unruly students
• Frequent requirement to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see, read, speak, reach, stretch with hands and arms, crouch, kneel, climb, and stoop
• Occasionally lift, carry, push, and pull various items up to a maximum of 50 pounds
• Occasional operation of a vehicle in inclement weather conditions, i.e., being prepared to work on all scheduled school days, except calamity days
• Frequent repetitive hand motion, e.g., computer keyboard, calculator, writing
• Occasional travel
• Evening/weekend work
This job description is subject to change and in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the incumbent. The incumbent will be required to follow the instructions and perform the duties required by the incumbent’s supervisor, appointing authority. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Apply at: https://www.applitrack.com/bedford/onlineapp/default.aspx