JOB OPENING INFORMATION:
Position: Director of Technology
District: Groveport Madison Local Schools
Deadline: April 19, 2019
Develops and assists in the implementation of a long range instructional technology plan. The Director of Technology will assist in the coordination of Groveport Madison’s Technology Department, including assisting in staff development and the infusion of technology throughout the curriculum.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
• Develops and assists in the implementation of a long range instructional technology plan.
• Aids in the coordination of staff professional development.
• Assists in providing direction and administration for district technology leadership team.
• Coordinates and oversees activities of the maintenance of technology infrastructure.
• Assists building representatives in devising techniques to evaluate building-level technology instruction.
• Consults with curriculum leadership teams to ensure the infusion of educational technology.
• Communicates technological activities across the district.
• Reviews and distributes relevant technology related literature.
• Provides direct technical training and assistance to building representatives and support staff.
• Seeks technology related grant opportunities.
• Oversees and facilitates technology related grant endeavors.
• Plans for the purchase, setup, storage, and maintenance of hardware and software with the cooperation of Building Principals, Building Representatives, and Curriculum Department.
• Assumes primary responsibility for arranging for major maintenance and repair.
• Advises the Deputy Superintendent of software, hardware, and personnel needs.
• Maintains district-wide network, e-mail, phone, and student information servers.
• Provides and maintains a replacement cycle for all technology equipment in the district.
• Keeps technology functions aligned with board of education policy.
• Creates and implements a comprehensive disaster recovery plan.
• Manages and directs technology related vendor contracts.
• Manages and directs day-to-day operations and provides timely response to work tickets and other needs.
• Develops and maintains regular communication with the Technology Department staff, all directors, and building principals and staff as appropriate.
• Sets, manages, and analyzes technology budget planning and expenditures.
Is responsible for the overall management, direction, and coordination of district and/or contracted technology staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Technology degree and/or a valid teaching or supervisory certificate. Advanced coursework and demonstrated experience in the area of instructional technology. Experience in a school-related atmosphere preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Technology degree and/or a valid teaching or supervisory certificate.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, scientific journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff, public groups/community, and the Board of Education.
Ability to work with basic mathematical and computational concepts, as well as the ability to utilize and apply financial concepts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program. Ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, and parents; skill in oral and written communication. Ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot computer network systems, as well as stand-alone computer systems. Ability to install and configure network and stand-alone computer systems. Ability to install and configure network and stand-alone computer software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to bend and or twist at the trunk. The employee is continuously repeating the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to
10 pounds such as books and teaching material. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The ability to travel to other buildings is required. The position requires the individual to sometimes work irregular or extended work hours and meet multiple demands from several people.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
Contact Name: Matt Cygnor, Director of Human Resources
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (614) 916-1161