The Muskingum Valley Educational Service Center (MVESC), serving Coshocton, Hocking,Morgan, Muskingum, Perry, and Tuscarawas counties in southeast Ohio, is looking for qualified applicants for the position of Gifted Services Education Coordinator for the 2020-2021 school year. The Gifted Services Education Coordinator will provide leadership services in gifted education and regular education in the interpretation of gifted program standards, identification of students, program/curriculum development, program evaluation, direct student programming, coordination of services between gifted education and regular education, facilitation of professional development opportunities, and consultation and advocacy of appropriate services for all students.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
1. Licensure or endorsement in Gifted Education, master’s degree preferred
2. Valid Ohio Administrative or Supervisory license preferred
3. Three years gifted teaching experience and/or coordinating gifted programming
4. Successful completion of BCI/FBI background checks
5. Possession of a valid Ohio Driver's license or have transportation to off-site job-related functions
6. Evidence of experience with professional development presentations
7. Administrative experience preferred
MVESC encourages qualified candidates to submit applications no later than April 17, 2020, with the following:
• A cover letter;
• A current resume;
• An application form which should be completed online at https://mvesc.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx;
• Copies of current Ohio Department of Education licensure;
• Copies of university transcripts;
• Current background checks;
• Contact information for three references;
• Any other materials that support the applicant's qualifications.
Muskingum Valley Educational Service Center is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, genetic information or any other legally protected category, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities as set forth in the various acts of the federal government and applicable state department of education standards.
Qualified applicants who are disabled and require special assistance to respond to this employment announcement should contact Christine Wagner at Muskingum Valley ESC at 740-452-4518, extension 1104.
Applications must be completed online at https://mvesc.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx. Only electronic applications will be accepted.