Instructional Leadership Committee
The Instructional Leadership Committee of OASSA is charged with the development of the agenda for the Instructional Leadership Conference and to promote the building administrator as an instructional leader.
1. To emphasize, encourage, and promote positive relationships between among building administrators, curriculum directors, supervisors, coordinators, career-tech administrators, ESC administrators, and all other school administrators involved in curricular decisions at local and state levels.
2. To identify, develop and promote staff development opportunities and best practices.
3. To survey membership to determine issues relative to curriculum leadership and respond accordingly.
4. To make recommendations for speaker/topics in regards to the Instructional Leadership Conference.
5. To provide information to be published in the OASSA UPDATE.
6. To make recommendations to the OASSA Board of Directors on educational positions of interest relative to this committee.
7. To insure that OASSA maintains a focus on curricular leadership for all administrators.
Members of the Instructional Leadership Committee are:
Chairperson: Roger Howard, Director, Curriculum & Instruction, Independence Local Schools
2017 (term expires)
PJ Burgett, Principal, Franklin Monroe MS/HS
Timothy Edwards, Principal, River Valley HS
Michelle Kocar, Director, Parma City Schools
Doug McGlynn, Principal, Western Reserve Jr/Sr HS
Monica Myers, Director of Curriculum, Jackson Local Schools
Bryan Seward, Associate Principal, Nordonia HS
Nolan Wickard, Associate Principal, Wooster HS
2018 (term expires)
Nate Artino, Principal, Bellevue HS
Michael Bader, Principal, Sylvania Timberstone Jr HS
Laura Bemus, Assistant Superintendent, Greenville City
Brad Contat, Assistant Principal, Anthony Wayne HS
Jeffrey Hartmann, Principal, Stow-Munroe Falls HS
Lance Hostetler, Principal, Columbiana HS
Ryan Imke, Assistant Principal, Findlay HS
Andy Jados, Principal, Big Walnut HS
Kathy Kasler, Director of Secondary Curriculum, Mount Vernon City Schools
David Kennedy, Principal, Madeira HS
Frank Major, Director of Personnel & Ops, Maple Heights City Schools
Karie McCrate, Assistant Superintendent, Dover City Schools
Ryan Patti, Assistant Principal, Beachwood HS
Benjamin Snedeker, Principal, Knox Learning Center
Stacey Stein, Principal, Lakewood HS
Jeffrey T. Wise, Principal, Pandora-Gilboa HS
Kurt Yancey, Principal, Westerville North HS
James Young, Coordinator, Fairfield County ESC
REMINDER: The Instructional Leadership Committee meeting is scheduled for:
Tuesday, November 29, 2016