The Legislative Committee of OASSA is charged with the responsibility for designing and implementing the legislative positions of OASSA. It will develop an awareness of legislative expertise and procedure and cooperate with all organizations interested in the promotion of education in Ohio.
Functions of the Committee may be:
1. To canvass the membership yearly to determine the needs of OASSA members in the field of legislation.
2. To deliberate carefully on the findings of the survey and determine which items can be merged into the legislative projections for the year.
3. To determine the feasibility of the legislative proposals.
4. To help conduct a program of information for OASSA members as the legislative year develops.
5. To set up a statewide network of secondary administrators for legislative action and contracts.
6. To develop a system of “minutemen” who shall be available for immediate summons to Columbus for legislative hearings.
7. To develop a working relationship with the State Department of Education, BASA, OSBA, OAESA, and other organizations supporting a common program.
8. To promote membership in the Administrator, Board Members, and Citizens Political Action Committee.
Members of the Legislative Committee are:
Chairperson: Neil Gupta, Director of Secondary Education, Worthington City Schools
2017 (term expires)
Tracey Deagle, Principal, Dublin Davis MS
Jason Kozina, Principal, Northwood HS
Brian Martin, Principal, Ross HS
David Mullane, Assistant Principal, District Comm Lead, Canfield HS
Mark Treen, Assistant Principal, Stow-Monroe Falls HS
Don Vogt, Principal, Seneca East MS/HS
Garry Young, Principal, Zanesville HS
2018 (term expires)
Steven Ast, Principal, Chagrin Falls HS
Christopher Baker, Principal, Bellbrook HS
Andrew Brenner, Associate Principal, Medina HS
Kacy Carter, Assistant Principal, Jackson HS
Michael Coury, Principal, Copley HS
Bill Dobbins, Principal, Arcadia MS/HS
Keith Edenfield, Principal, David Anderson JR/SR HS
Jennifer Grimes, Principal, Eastern HS (Brown Co)
Kevin Jakub, Principal, Independence MS
Benjamin Jenkins, Supervisor, Delaware City Schools
Kevin Johnson, Assistant Principal, Worthington Kilbourne HS
Robert Knisely, Principal, Perry MS
Timothy Neal, Principal, Edgewood HS
David Slamer, Principal, Edgewood MS
Jason Stephan, Principal, Arcanum HS
Victoria Swartz, Director, Findlay City Schools
Thomas Szendrey, Principal, North Ridgeville HS
REMINDER: The Legislative Committee meetings are scheduled for:
Tuesday, September 27, 2016 and
Tuesday, January 24, 2017