HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL (Grades 9-12)
NEW ALBANY - PLAIN LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes excellent benefits.
January 15, 2014
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
• A Master’s Degree in Education and qualification for an Ohio Secondary Principals License.
• 5 + years of leadership experience (3 years as the Principal/Head of School preferred).
• Passion for excellence and continual learning/professional growth.
• Vision for preparing students for lifetime learning.
• Belief that every student can succeed.
• Ability to think outside the box.
• Commitment to the high expectations, values, vision and mission of the district.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge as an educational innovator.
• Extensive knowledge of research and best practices in education.
• Excellent communication, collaboration and engagement skills.
• Ability to maintain relationships with entire school community.
• Operations, systems and budget management skills and experience.
In addition to extensive experience and expertise in education and in leading collaborative change, the High School Principal should possess knowledge and/or experience in at least one or more of the following areas:
• Experience and vision for innovative education models, such as personalized options, blended learning, early college/University partnerships, proficiency-based progressions and unique schedules and the process of innovation – fostering, designing, testing and scaling innovation.
• Knowledge of state and national trends and research in education reform, including knowledge of the Ohio Teacher Evaluation System
• Experience or exposure to International education, International Baccalaureate, international schools, PISA, TIMMS, etc.
• Extensive data analysis and use of statistical information to engage staff for improving student learning.
(Experience as a head principal is strongly preferred; however other experience in management may also accepted.)
• Ensure the effective and consistent implementation of the new Ohio Learning/Common Core standards, and international standards for student learning.
• Support teachers in differentiating curriculum and instructional implementation.
• Conduct extensive data analysis and benchmarking and lead the use of data to guide the growth and development of student learning.
• Integrate best practices and research into the continuous learning of the school to accelerate improvement and innovation to develop new opportunities to enhance student learning.
• Facilitate collaboration and a culture of embedded professional learning among educators, working with teacher leaders and building professional learning teams in the building and district wide as an active collaborative member of the District Leadership Team.
• Develop and assess performance on building and district goals and design short and long term academic, curricular, and instructional plans for improvement in coordination with the Director of Teaching and Learning.
Cultural and Community Leadership
• Develops a culture that continually speaks about and celebrates diversity, promotes inclusion and champions equity among students, staff, and families.
• Identify and strategically plan for social/emotional learning and the mental health needs of the student body with building and district staff.
• Build open, positive and collaborative relationships across a variety of community stakeholder groups and work with the district leadership to build strategic partnerships with businesses and universities.
Human Resource/Organizational Leadership
• Implement a newly developed teacher evaluation system (OTES) that includes student growth as a measure of performance and provides feedback, growth, and development for staff.
• Attract, select, develop, and retain highly effective and diverse staff based on the needs of the school and achieving the district vision/mission.
• Create ongoing, two-way communication with and between staff and stakeholders, including ensuring communication that builds a strong sense of community, fosters mutual understanding and solicits feedback from others.
• Ensure effective collection and analysis of student performance data to prioritize areas for growth and development and to craft strategic plans for improvement.
• Collaboratively engage the students, staff, families and community to shape the vision of reinventing education and implementing the district strategic plan, including fostering leadership of staff and students to initiate and design innovation and create an environment where change is an expected norm.
or apply online at the district website http://www.napls.us
PRINCIPAL (Tinora HS)
Northeastern Local Schools (Defiance County)
Competitive and commensurate with experience
January 15, 2014
1. Master's degree in educational administration from an accredited college or university
2. Valid high school administrative certificate
3. Knowledge of secondary curriculum and instructional techniques
4. Alternative to the above qualifications as superintendent and/or board of education may find appropriate
For complete job description
, click here: TINORAHSPRINCIPAL.pdf
Applications may be faxed, mailed or hand delivered to:
Northeastern Local Schools
James Roach, Superintendent
05921 Domersville Road
Defiance, OH 43512
Fax: (419) 497-3401
No phone calls or emails please