HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL (Margaretta HS)
Margaretta Local Schools (Erie County)
April 7, 2015
Previous administrative experience is preferred.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume, letter of interest, and copy of license to:
Dan Schroer, Superintendent
Margaretta Local Schools
305 South Washington Street
Castalia, OH 44824
Phone: (419) 684-5322
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (Fremont HS)
Fremont City School District
Commensurate with experience.
April 8, 2015
Master’s degree; certification appropriate to position; successful teaching and/or leadership experience.
For a more detailed job description, click here: FremontAssistant_Principal.pdf
Interested applicants can apply online at http://www.fremontschools.net
Questions regarding online applications can be directed to:
SUPERINTENDENT (Everest HS)
Reynoldsburg City Schools
Commensurate with experience
Contract Length: 240 Days
April 10, 2015
At Risk students
Counseling parents and students
As Superintendent of a dropout prevention charter school you will have daily contact with staff of approximately 10 professionals and approximately 120 students. Direct and oversee blended learning practices to promote on-time graduation of all students at Everest High School. You will be expected to oversee and support program areas, develop and manage at risk education.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
List most important duties first
1. Develops and supports sustainable systems for implementation and monitoring of best practice strategies for dropout prevention, credit recovery, and four-year graduation.
2. Oversees support of Everest staff, programs and policies that specialize in dropout prevention and credit recovery, and instructional programs geared towards on-time completion.
3. Creates, evaluates, and supports intervention models to reduce loss of course credit (9-12).
4. Evaluates inter-departmental effectiveness for providing support to students at-risk of dropping out.
5. Develops and supports tools for the efficient data management of graduation cohorts.
6. Serves as liaison to strategic community partners involved in dropout prevention and at-risk services.
7. Performs other job-related duties as assigned
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION
State of Ohio School Administrator Certification
Strategic oversight of the Everest High School. Provides strategic direction and develops long-range plans which impact multiple departments or divisions. Using in-depth knowledge of multiple disciplines, identifies and evaluates high-impact issues, and provides strategy and direction to Everest staff. Establishes programs and policies, and ensures integration of operational objectives across multiple, major departments, program areas.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT
Work is non-standardized and widely varied, involving many complex and significant variables including significant time spent planning, evaluating complex solutions and issues, and negotiating outcomes. Strong analytic ability and inductive thinking are frequently required to devise new approaches to situations where previously accepted solutions have proven inadequate. Position regularly makes recommendations to Everest Board/management on areas of significance to the division. Supervision received typically consists of providing periodic coaching, advice and feedback.
Participates in a group plan and/or budget development.
Decisions are made with greater freedom and discretion, including recommendations that are subject to approval on matters that may affect Everest programming and/or staff. Job is frequently expected to recommend new solutions to problems, to improve existing methods/procedures/services and generate new ideas. May also review decisions made by other individuals on more routine matters.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS
Decisions have considerable impact to multiple divisions or the organization causing risks or improvements to relationships, significant efficiencies or delays in operations, and/or significant financial gains or expenses. Errors are serious and difficult to discover, normally involve decisions not subject to detailed review and will result in excessive costs and/or significant project delays.
Negotiate and influence - interprets board-level strategies and services, resolves conflicts, influences outcomes on matters of significance for the school, conducts final negotiations and coordinates approvals/decision making below the executive level. Interactions are typically with customers and Board of Education.
Leads others in the resolution of highly sensitive and confidential issues on behalf of the school. Acts as a trusted advisor, and becomes involved in the decision making process including presenting alternatives and information and applying persuasion and negotiation skills in the resolution of problems. Monitors customer service standards.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
OR by sending a hard copy of this information to Everest High School, Attn: Toni Nijssen, 1555 Graham Road, Reynoldsburg OH 43068.
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL (Northmor, Gr. 9-12)
Northmor Local Schools
Negotiable based on work experience.
April 17, 2015
Candidate must hold valid certification appropriate for position or be willing to obtain certification prior to August 1, 2015. (Experience Preferred)
Interested applicants should e-mail or send a letter of interest and resume to:
Chad Redmon, Superintendent
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL (Rootstown)
Rootstown Local School District
April 20, 2015
Any interested candidates will need to send a letter of interest and resume to:
Mr. Andrew Hawkins, Superintendent
Rootstown Local Schools
4140 State Route 44
Rootstown, OH 44272
HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (Thomas Worthington HS)
Worthington City Schools
Certified 260 Day Administrative Contract
April 27, 2015
• Master’s Degree
• Possession or eligibility for a valid Ohio Secondary Principal Certificate or Licensure
• Proven ability to work with students, parents teachers, staff and community
• Understanding of secondary curriculum and programs
• Demonstrated strong record of successful teaching
• Administrative experience preferred
Submit an Administrative application online at:
Upload resume & letter of interest to application
PRINCIPAL (Lorain HS, gr. 9-12)
Lorain City School District
Actual salary and benefit package will be commensurate with the education and experience of the candidate
July 31, 2015
The preferred candidate for this position will have the capability and capacity to perform all assigned responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform the duties of the principal of Lorain High School. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Master’s degree or higher in Education, Public Administration or relevant discipline
• Seven (7) or more years of related teaching and administrative experience, including supervisory responsibilities and experience commensurate with the responsibilities described
• Valid Ohio Department of Education Administrator certificate or equivalent
• Demonstrated knowledge of district policies, accreditation, and regulatory standards related to assigned functions, including strong knowledge of applicable state and federal laws
• Demonstrated supervisory skills to effectively manage the daily operations and administration of assigned function(s)
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) essential to effectively relate and productively work with all levels of district staff, students, parents, and the general public.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a tactful, courteous, and respectful manner
• Strong proposal writing skills
• Demonstrated technological skills required to maintain departmental records, documents, and reports
• Demonstrated mathematical ability essential to the development of the school’s annual budget and management of expenditures
• Demonstrated ability to effectively serve as a leader and member of a team
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Provides strategic leadership and direction in the development and successful delivery of curriculum, instruction, and leadership activities, to the students at Lorain High School, ensuring compliance with Federal and State mandates and district standards. Provides strategic direction and supervises strategic implementation of standards, continuous improvement, and instructional practices that optimize student growth and achievement toward college and career-readiness.
Areas of participation, accountability, oversight, evaluation, and improvement include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
• Day-to-day high school operations
• School improvement activities
• Implementation and maintenance of OPES and OTES
• Preparation and implementation of the district’s CIP, SIP, BLT’s, TBT’s
• Curriculum and instruction targeting college/career readiness and district, state, and national performance standards
• Strategic programs for student transition from middle to high school to college
• Special education services and IEP’s
• Parent conferences and student planning meetings
• High school master schedule
• Principal interaction across grade levels
• Student testing programs
• District administrative team member
• Staff development
• Short-and long-range strategic academic planning, decision making, and trend analysis
• Current knowledge of best practices, trends, and new developments in educational programs in student testing, assessment, research, and evaluation
• Compliance with state and federal regulations, Board policy, district standards, and possible corrective action
• Positive communication with students, parents, community, and all district personnel using technology and other resources
• Preparation and maintenance of high school budget
• Effective and efficient use of district facilities
• Inventories and security of district property
To be considered for this position qualified, interested candidates should visit the Lorain City Schools website at http://www.lorainschools.org
(select Departments, then select Human Resources), follow the prompts to complete and submit the online application, along with your resume, reference letters, license/certificate, transcripts, etc. (direct link to application page: http://www.applitrack.com/lorain/onlineapp/default.aspx