HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (Grove City HS)
South-Western City Schools
April 30, 2014
Job details and online application can be found on our website at: http://www.swcs.us
Click on “employment”.
HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (Northview HS)
May 2, 2014
To be considered for this position, an applicant must have, or be eligible for, appropriate Ohio certification/licensure.
Prefer three years of highly successful administrative experience and at least three years of highly successful teaching experience.
The Assistant Principal is responsible for the policies and procedures related to student attendance and discipline. Assist the building principal with a variety of instructional, evaluative, and supervisory duties. Major areas of focus may include safety, students, staff, parents, current school case law, and public relations.
Please apply on-line at http://www.sylvania.k12.oh.us
All application information (resume, cover letter and three letters of reference) must be received by the deadline date.
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL (Wooster HS)
Wooster City School District
COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
May 7, 2014
• Possess a valid state of Ohio license for 7-12 principal or superintendent
• Demonstrated administrative leadership at the building level
• Demonstrated skill in supervision and evaluation
• Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication
For a detailed job description, please click here: WoosterHighSchoolPrincipal.pdf
Apply on-line at: http://www.applitrack.com/wooster/onlineapp
MIDDLE SCHOOL/HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL/ATHLETIC DIRECTOR (Sandy Valley)
Sandy Valley Local Schools
June 30, 2014
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING TO:
MR. DAVID FISCHER
SANDY VALLEY LOCAL SCHOOLS
5362 ST. RT. 183, N.E.
MAGNOLIA, OH 44643
Online application available at http://www.svlocal.org
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL (Lorain HS, Gr. 9-12)
Lorain City School District
Actual salary and benefit package will be commensurate with the education and experience of the candidate
July 31, 2014
The preferred candidate for this position will have the capability and capacity to perform all assigned responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform the duties of the principal of Lorain High School. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Master’s degree or higher in Education, Public Administration or relevant discipline
• Seven (7) or more years of related teaching and administrative experience, including supervisory responsibilities and experience commensurate with the responsibilities described
• Valid Ohio Department of Education Administrator certificate or equivalent
• Demonstrated knowledge of district policies, accreditation, and regulatory standards related to assigned functions, including strong knowledge of applicable state and federal laws
• Demonstrated supervisory skills to effectively manage the daily operations and administration of assigned function(s)
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) essential to effectively relate and productively work with all levels of district staff, students, parents, and the general public.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a tactful, courteous, and respectful manner
• Strong proposal writing skills
• Demonstrated technological skills required to maintain departmental records, documents, and reports
• Demonstrated mathematical ability essential to the development of the school’s annual budget and management of expenditures
• Demonstrated ability to effectively serve as a leader and member of a team
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Provides strategic leadership and direction in the development and successful delivery of curriculum, instruction, and leadership activities, to the students at Lorain High School, ensuring compliance with Federal and State mandates and district standards. Provides strategic direction and supervises strategic implementation of standards, continuous improvement, and instructional practices that optimize student growth and achievement toward college and career-readiness.
Areas of participation, accountability, oversight, evaluation, and improvement include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
• Day-to-day high school operations
• School improvement activities
• Implementation and maintenance of OPES and OTES
• Preparation and implementation of the district’s CIP, SIP, BLT’s, TBT’s
• Curriculum and instruction targeting college/career readiness and district, state, and national performance standards
• Strategic programs for student transition from middle to high school to college
• Special education services and IEP’s
• Parent conferences and student planning meetings
• High school master schedule
• Principal interaction across grade levels
• Student testing programs
• District administrative team member
• Staff development
• Short-and long-range strategic academic planning, decision making, and trend analysis
• Current knowledge of best practices, trends, and new developments in educational programs in student testing, assessment, research, and evaluation
• Compliance with state and federal regulations, Board policy, district standards, and possible corrective action
• Positive communication with students, parents, community, and all district personnel using technology and other resources
• Preparation and maintenance of high school budget
• Effective and efficient use of district facilities
• Inventories and security of district property
To be considered for this position qualified, interested candidates should visit the Lorain City Schools website at http://www.lorainschools.org
(select Departments, then select Human Resources), follow the prompts to complete and submit the online application, along with your resume, reference letters, license/certificate, and current BCI/FBI background check documents (direct link to application page: http://www.applitrack.com/lorain/onlineapp/default.aspx