The Legislative Committee of OASSA is charged with the responsibility for designing and implementing the legislative positions of OASSA. It will develop an awareness of legislative expertise and procedure and cooperate with all organizations interested in the promotion of education in Ohio.
Functions of the Committee may be:
- To canvass the membership yearly to determine the needs of OASSA members in the field of legislation.
- To deliberate carefully on the findings of the survey and determine which items can be merged into the legislative projections for the year.
- To determine the feasibility of the legislative proposals.
- To help conduct a program of information for OASSA members as the legislative year develops.
- To set up a statewide network of secondary administrators for legislative action and contracts.
- To develop a system of “minutemen” who shall be available for immediate summons to Columbus for legislative hearings.
- To develop a working relationship with the State Department of Education, BASA, OSBA, OAESA, and other organizations supporting a common program.
- To promote membership in the Administrator, Board Members, and Citizens Political Action Committee.
Members of the 2018-2019 Legislative Committee are:
Chairperson, Bob Knisely, Principal, Perry MS
2019 (Term Expires):
William Baylis, Director of Curriculum & Instruction, Oberlin City Schools
Roger Cade, Assistant Principal, Ralph Starkey HS
Jason Conrad, Principal, Wickliffe MS
Bob Falkenstein, Principal, North Baltimore MS/HS
Matt Gallatin, Principal, Liberty Union HS
Neil Gupta, Director of Secondary Education, Worthington City Schools
Jeremy Kuhlman, Principal, Ayersville HS
Brian Martin, Principal, Ross HS
Dustin Miller, Principal, Dublin Jerome HS
Bryan Seward, Principal, Nordonia MS
Barbara Shaner, Legislative Liaison, Ohiopro Advocacy LLC
Wesley Weaver, Principal, Licking Valley HS
Brian Wilch, Principal, Hudson HS
Garry Young, Assistant Principal, Olentangy Orange HS
2020 (Term Expires):
Steven Ast, Principal, Brecksville-Broadview Heights HS
Christopher Baker, Principal, Bellbrook HS
Andrew Brenner, Associate Principal, Medina HS
PJ Burgett, Principal, Franklin Monroe MS/HS
D. Brad Callender, Director, Cleveland Heights HS
Jason Crowe, Principal, Mentor HS
Devvon Dettra, Principal, Meadowbrook HS
Greg Garris, Assistant Principal, Thomas Worthington HS
Bill Hartmeyer, Principal, Buckeye Trail HS
Tracy Herrholtz, Assistant Principal, Champion HS
Craig Hurley, Superintendent, Upper Scioto Valley HS
Benjamin Jenkins, Director, West Clermont Local Schools
Akesha Joseph, Principal, Liberty HS
Ned Lauver, Assistant Principal, Westlake HS
Clayton Lavercombe, Assistant Principal, Tippecanoe MS
David Mullane, Principal, Mahoning County CTC
Tim Neal, Principal, Conneaut HS
Adham Schirg, Principal, Phoenix MS
Jayson Selgo, Principal, Ottawa-Glandorf HS
Jeffrey Slattery, Principal, Hicksville HS
Justin Sleutz, Principal, St. Clairsville HS
Larry Smith, College Faculty, University of Dayton
Benjamin Snedeker, Principal, Knox Learning Center
Thomas Szendrey, Principal, North Ridgeville HS
Mark Treen, Assistant Principal, Stow-Munroe Falls HS