The Middle Level Committee of OASSA is organized as an integral part of OASSA to develop the image and program of the middle and junior high school. OASSA recognizes that a large segment of the total membership has an interest in middle level education.
Functions of the Committee:
- To promote the cause of middle and junior high school education in Ohio.
- To insure that OASSA maintains a focus on middle and junior high education.
- To assist in providing material for the OASSA Middle Level article for the OASSA monthly UPDATE publication.
- To encourage middle level members of OASSA to become candidates for the OASSA Board of Directors and other elective offices in OASSA.
- To actively promote OASSA membership for middle level administrators.
- To develop liaison between OASSA and the special groups of middle level educators in the state.
Members of the Middle Level Committee are:
Chairperson: William J. Friess, Principal, Wauseon MS
2018 (term expires)
Laurie Hewitt, Assistant Principal, Ridgeview MS
Brad Leyrer, Principal, Wickliffe HS
Brian Pohl, Principal, New Bremen HS
Adham Schirg, Principal, Phoenix MS
2019 (term expires)
Kelli Izzo, Assistant Principal, Strongsville MS
Katherine Piacquadio, Assistant Principal, Watkins MS
Timothy Velotta, Principal, Chardon MS