District: Wapakoneta City School District
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefit package is included.
Deadline: April 23, 2018
Qualifications: The Board has identified the following qualifications as having particular importance for the position of Superintendent:
- Must hold or qualify for an Ohio Superintendent license.
- Possess a strong administrative background in public schools.
- Experience as a school administrator with superintendent, assistant superintendent, or central office experience preferred.
- Commitment to the highest personal and professional standards.
- A comprehensive understanding of Ohio school law, finance and regulations, and financial reporting.
- Self-starting skills with a positive team attitude.
- Keen business management skills in the area of long-range planning, fiscal forecasting, personnel management, collective bargaining and insurance management.
- The ability to work as an articulate, straightforward communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with school board members, administrators, staff, students, parents the community and elected officials.
- Visionary and strong multi-tasking skills, with the ability to organize and synthesize information efficiently, which produces short-and long-range plans for continuous improvement.
- Personal integrity, as well as a record of being loyal, positive, enthusiastic and organized with a strong work ethic.
Contact Name: Angela Sparks, Treasurer/CFO
Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (419) 739-2903
Additional Information: To apply, please provide the following materials:
- A completed application with cover letter emphasizing qualifications. Application is available online at www.wapak.org.
- An up-to-date resume.
- A copy of current Ohio Superintendent License or evidence that one is obtainable.
- Credentials and transcripts.
Three letters of professional reference.
Sample of communication to staff, community, or Board of Education.
All application materials can be mailed or emailed to the following:
Wapakoneta City Schools
Ms. Angela M. Sparks, Treasurer/CFO
1102 Gardenia Drive
Wapakoneta, Ohio 45895
Announce Vacancy: April 2, 2018
Application Materials Due: April 23, 2018
Initial Interviews: May 14, 2018
Final Interviews: May 17, 2018
Action to Employ: May 22, 2018
Est. Begin Employment: August 1, 2018